The conference features over 80 speakers, highlighting the science and practice of embodied relational psychotherapy and discussing new developments in trauma therapy, social justice, sex therapy, dance, and yoga therapies. Maryanne will be speaking on Female Sexual Objectification and the Castrated Feminine: Re-Membering Embodied Intelligence.
Along with dozens of published authors, we are hosting the west coast premiere of the exciting new documentary re-evaluating the legacy of Wilhelm Reich. Join practitioners of countless somatic traditions including Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Bioenergetics, Core Energetics, Hakomi, Focusing and more!
Conference Learning Objectives
Facilitated by leading authors and practitioners in the field of Body Psychotherapy, including Maryanne, this experiential conference will operationalize the neurobiology and embodied experience of relational connection through a wide variety of didactic and experiential workshops.
Attendees will broaden their understanding of the current new developments underway in the field of Body Psychotherapy. Fishbowl demonstrations and experiential activities that can be readily integrated within any clinical model will help attendees incorporate somatic interventions in their clinical work to more effectively bring coherence to client suffering in these divisive times.
Attendees will be able to:
1) Define relational connection and interpersonal resonance, its risks and protective factors;
2) Incorporate updated interpersonal neurobiology research to enhance relational therapeutic proficiency;
3) Utilize a variety of body-based interventions and verbal and nonverbal approaches to increase interoceptive awareness and somatic regulation;
4) Integrate bidirectional psychobiological bottom up and top down resources for the therapeutic resolution of emotional suffering;
5) Identify personal needs for nourishing connection, healthy boundaries, and biopsychosocial self-care.
Find out more and register HERE